Friday, November 28, 2008

black friday...

Haha well it is true... McKay and I experienced and participated in this year for our very first time... EVER!!! So I'll take you through our very eventful night!!!
Well we woke up at 3:00 friday morning, grabbed a blanket in case we had to wait outside, and headed off to Wal-Mart! Where we were hoping to get the XBox package... it included the console, guitar hero 3 with the wireless guitar, and 6 bonus games!!! When we arrived at Wal-Mart there weren't too many cars outside so we thought we were in good shape! Once we got inside all the items they had advertised were in the middle of the aisle ways and all wrapped up so no one could get them before 5:00 o'clock, there were people everywhere... people had brought camping chairs and laptops and camped out by their items and just watched movies till time got close!
We found where the XBox package was and their were already like 8 people in a huddle around them and their was only 16 packages!! So we joined! The first hour went really slow! Once 4:00 hit it seemed like a million people were there... once they got to the back of the store where most of the sale items were they found it was so crowded that they were all ditching the shopping carts and it was just a mess for anyone to try to get anywhere.
Well as time neared we were getting nervous because people kept showing up... I was getting excited, a little claustrophobic, and some anxiety! It was nuts!!!
Anyways, 4:30 hit and this lady walked up to get in this huddle for the XBox and she pushed her way between McKay and some other lady when they were already shoulder to shoulder, she was very pushy and persistent about getting in their!... At each sale item they had an employee their with a razor to cut the wrapping off when the time came! Well 4:50 hit and the employees started opening them up and people were going nuts!!! I knew Kay wouldn't be pushy... plus my adrenaline kicked in and I jumped across this ladies cart in front of me and just dived in to get one! I mean I was sprawled out over it trying to rip one out of the pile! As soon as I got my hands on one I held on with all my might so no one would steal it and I just took off so I could get out of the mess and chaos!... I looked back and McKay was just sitting their watching these people go crazy... he was so amused and just laughing because people were just crazy... it looked like a bunch of dogs all fighting after one bone!
So black friday was a success for us this year and was fun! Yes, I thought it was a blast!!! I do have to say I would only go for really big items like electronics that I know are a good deal!!! Not for little toys I know I could get later for a couple bucks more!!!
After we got home it took us a while to get to bed because we were still all hyped up!!! But eventually did before Kay had to get up and go to work!!!
So we know our Christmas present, so no surprises this year but I will still wrap it up and open it on Christmas morning!!!

3 comments:

Kim said...

That does not sound like fun AT ALL!!!! I don't think black friday is for me....I will just stay snuggled in my little bed!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow you are a brave woman! I'm glad you guys were able to get your present though!

The Clay's said...

You are so brave! I dont think that I could deal with Black Friday at all!!!