Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Capitol Reef/Easter - Day 2

So the Saturday before Easter the campground was putting on an Easter egg hunt for anyone camping and surrounding areas! I get way excited for holidays because my kids make it so fun! So I was up and ready to get going but I was the only one...
my sleepy family!
Finally they got up and we got dressed and headed down to the picnic area! We were one of the first ones there! They had 3 age sections and I was happy that my kids were in the same one!
Look at all those eggs behind him!
The Easter bunny even showed up! Baylee wasn't a fan but Carter thought it was awesome!
My kids were trying to wait very patiently!
Ready Set Go!
Carter did so well this year, it's the first year we haven't had to be right by him telling him to pick up eggs or treats!
He was so funny because he would pick up one egg and run to a totally different area and pick up another!
Baylee got one in each hand and was perfectly content!
She liked being able to shake them!
Showing us all his eggs! He was so excited!
Carter was done getting eggs and there were still more! I am happy he is not out to get as many as he can seeing there were a ton of kids! May change one day but for now I will enjoy it!
Showing off his stash!
Cheese dogs! Beautiful background!
After the hunt we went back to camp and finally cooked some breakfast! McKay and I were the cooks and it was delish if I say so myself!
Playing games while every one gets ready to go on the hike!
My dirty dirty girl! She loved having Grandma push her around on this!
We went on the scenic drive! Love all the views and the red rocks we are famous for!




After the scenic drive we hiked up to the arch! Everybody went but my Dad!
Carter leading the way!
He got a little tired and Uncle Isaac was nice enough to give him a ride!
Our group was a little faster than the rest! Baylee fast asleep!
Isaac getting a tan while we waited for Sam, Scott and Grandma!
Playing in the rocks along the trail!
Also catching some shade!
The rest caught up and Isaac was showing off his guns!
The Arch!

Taking a break!
I love my little family!
After the hike we headed back to the visitor center and Grandma got the kids a stuffed animal! Then we headed back to camp to eat some lunch!
Taking a break!
Dirty bum!
Very dirty bum!
McKay and I took the kids on a little walk and the kids both passed out half way through! Aren't they so cute!
Happy Baylee converted over from the stroller to the trailer!
Before dinner we colored Easter eggs so we could do our Easter egg hunt the next morning!
Sam was the drawer!
Carter dyed them!
Waiting patiently for all the eggs!
Not very often he sits still for so long!
Baylee woke up and wanted to help!
Sam and baby even got an egg!
After dinner we gathered around the camp fire and talked, told stories roasted marshmallows!
Isaac about caught his on fire!
This night was a bit chiller but all in all we got lucky with weather! Not to hot or not to cold!

No comments: