Monday, December 15, 2014

.:Halloween Activities:.

I like to try and make Holidays memorable for my children! Whether I think they are dumb, silly or whatever I want them to find the fun and joy in whatever Holiday it might be! So I try to little activities and we always try and share it with family because being with family is the best!
So for Halloween we took a night to paint pumpkins they picked out from the Staheli Farms pumpkin patch!
No I didn't have to undress my kids because the paint was washable but I did anyway!
Carter was really into it!
Baylee thought it was more fun to paint herself and squish it between her fingers!
I mean who really needs a paint brush!
Her leg looked prettier than the pumpkin!
Then she felt the table needed some color!
...and her hands!
Then a couple nights after we painted pumpkins we went over for our traditional Halloween chili and breadsticks! It is always a family favorite!
Then we carved pumpkins!
Carter and Baylee hated the guts! So Mom ended up scooping it all out!
They tried a couple different times thinking it would be fun and stopped shortly afterwards!
Sam and Scott carving one of Grandma pumpkins!
Carter telling me how he wanted his pumpkin to look!
So I got started!
Just a little stretching while Mom finishes up!
He wanted mad eyes, a rectangle nose and a wavy mouth! I think I got pretty close!
The carving bunch!
On Baylee's pumpkin Carter wanted me to do circles for eyes, a square nose and he didn't know what kind of mouth so I just did one and Baylee thought it was pretty cool so Carter and I must have done good!
Sam and Scott trying to decide what to do on their pumpkin!
Baylee eating more breadsticks!
She approved of the pumpkin!
Outside ready for Halloween night!
So we were up North at Kamas for the state football on Halloween night and so we decided to find a nice neighborhood and let the kids do some trick or treating!
After the game we dressed them up in their costumes!
Carter was determined to be The Hulk! Baylee was a cute Raggedy Ann! My Mom made Baylee's costume back when Sam was little and trick or treating! I love that she has a million we can go through and use and they are all so cute because she is very talented!
The Hulk and Raggedy Ann!
Hulk showing us his muscles!
Ready to go house to house!
Doesn't she look so cute!
It was a little chilly outside but not horrible!
Grandma helping Baylee move along!
Our first house and Baylee was a little scared! She wasn't sure about all the scary things involved with Halloween she didn't even like Carter's costume!
She got more used to it as the night went on! She loved all the suckers she was getting from  every house!
After some good trick or treating we headed into Salt Lake and went out to eat at the Cheesecake Factory where they were able to trick or treat there as well! They had fun and we got just enough candy not to much and not to little! Around one block and my kids were content!
Happy Halloween!

No comments: