Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Missionary Reunion!

Well McKay had a missionary reunion this last weekend and I have to say it was a blast! I was actually kinda dreading it... seeing I know noone and McKay hasn't been to one since he has been home! I know it is typical to hold the missionary reunions more around the time of General Conference but his mission president and wife are natives to Brasil... so to have them in states is a once in a lifetime opportunity!
It all started on Saturday when we left St. George to head up to Orem! We headed over to his favorite missionary comps to leave our stuff since his wife, boy and him were nice enough to let us stay! We have kept in touch with them since he got off his mission and are great friends and have the cutest little boy ever! We then headed over to the institute building to start the fun! At first it was a lot of catch up and remembering faces! Then we did a little "zone conference meeting" like they used to do in the mission! It was amazing! We discussed Moroni 7, a talk and then were blessed to her from his missionary president and his wife! They really touched the meeting and I was so happy to be able to get in on a part of my husband's life that I have only heard about! To end the meeting the all gathered in a circle and sang a song that they would always sing in Portugese and I have to say that was the coolest part of the whole thing!
So here is the comp we stayed with, Clay Ogden! We were sitting there looking over Moroni 7 when his cute boy started to get a little fussy cause he had no toys to play with so Ogden pulled a dollar out of his pocket and let his son play with it and yeas he is eating it! HAHA!Seth Schenfeld! His "cool" comp!Owen... most of them I just know last names! Single ladies... this one right here has the cutest smile and is so nice and just cute! I will hook anyone up!!!His favorites! Ogden, Rowland and McKay!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Fun!!! We are always living far away when Brett has his reunions....first Virginia, & now Indiana. I would love to go to one someday though!!!