Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Welcome Miles Duane

So I was at 38 weeks and 2 days and had an appointment with Dr. Lunt the morning of October 24, 2019! I went to my appointment and by this point in my pregnancy we were doing weekly visits, and twice a week NST's (non-stress test) and AFI's (fluid measurements)! Up to this point I hadn't had any problems but given my past we are always extra careful! I went in that morning and got my stress test done first and everything seemed good and then I went for my fluid measurement and the ultrasound tech said I was quite a bit lower than the last time I was in. They like your fluid to be above a 10 and mine had been hanging around an 8 but this time I was down to a 4.8. I went into my appointment with Lunt and he said looks like you are having a baby!!!
I wasn't expecting it, so I felt totally unprepared! I called McKay and my Mom and let them know what was up! I told them I would let them know when I got checked in and how much I am progressed and we could then determine where to go from there!
Labor and Delivery got me checked in and an IV in around 10:00 a.m.
My Mom came down basically right away! Even though I told both her and McKay to wait a while, at least until I was kinda progressing!
At 11:15 a.m. they started Pitocin, but baby didn't like that at all! His heart started racing and he seemed to get really agitated so they stopped that and gave the kid some time to relax and get back to normal rhythms! 
Dr. Lunt came and put in a balloon at noon, they started Pitocin again at about 12:20 p.m. and then it got boring! We waited and waited, Mom ran some errands, I just hung out and got a little more uncomfortable as time went on!
At 5:00 p.m. they broke my water and I was at a 4+, so things were going slowly!
At this point McKay had shown up and at 7:15 I got an epidural and was only at a 5+! In the past when I have got the epidural it seems to help relax my body and get things doing what they are supposed to be doing, that was my hope!
Then we sat around and hours kept ticking by!
Finally just before midnight my epidural was wearing off and basically half my body felt everything and the other half still felt numb but I started to get the urgency to push, they checked me and it was go time!
They called Dr. Lunt, it took him a bit to get there but once he did we got right to it! Baby Boy was difficult usually I push a couple times and boom there is baby, but not this time! On top of the long labor, one of my longest, next to Hadlee, I pushed for almost an hour. I was so worn out!

Finally on October 25, 2019
@ 12:50 a.m.

Miles Duane Jones was born!

He weighed 8 lbs. (my biggest) and 21 inches tall!

Happy Tears he is here and crying!
He had a bit of a cone head from being stuck in the birth canal for a bit but it actually went away quite fast!
Meeting Mommy!
McKay cut the umbilical cord!
Miles cried and cried! A sweet little cry but it took him a while to stop!
Taking his temp.!
Seriously so in love with this little boy!
Snuggles with Mom! Skin to skin!
After about 30 minutes to an hour they took him and weighed him!
He hated being taken out of the blanket or away from Mom who was keeping him warm!
A little bit of dark hair!
Zonked out!
That night didn't go to bad! He nursed great right off the bat!
We love his little button nose!
That newborn squishy face!
The next morning McKay ate breakfast with me and then took off to go to work and football!
It was just Mom and the little man!
Sad day!
He did some of the cutest things with his fingers!
More snuggles and trying to get naps in with him but I couldn't quite staring and kissing!
I made this perfect little boy!
Looks are already changing in the first 12 hours!
Good dreaming!
Big yawn!

Swelling came down and now we can get a better look at his hair!
Such a sweetheart!
First mini bath!
Finally the kids came to visit him after school got out!
Camille and Miles
Owen and Miles
Carter and Miles
Baylee and Miles
They were all so very excited to finally meet this baby!
Grandma getting her loves in!
Stockton came to visit!
Ellie was a little unsure at first!
Probably didn't help that Miles was screaming!
Uncle Isaac came that night!
He is a natural!
The next night wasn't even to bad!
That night we headed home! I didn't want to stick around any longer!
First outfit!
Welcome Miles! We are so very in love with you!

No comments: