Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Ice Skating

We had some time over the Christmas break and needed to get out of the house so we headed to Cedar to take the kids ice skating! I used to go ice skating all the time when my family lived up north at the Bountiful Bubble, I really have no idea on it's real name we just always called it the Bubble! I was good back then and really enjoyed being able to do it on occasion! So I think I was the most excited,1) to see if I still had it and 2) I was thinking and hoping my kids would love it!
Carter was thrilled when we told him what we were doing! We got there and he saw all these people on the ice and got more excited! We put our skates on and got ready to go!
Ice Skater Carter!
Baylee and McKay!
We got on the ice and Carter immediately started freaking out! He hated that he couldn't balance and do it himself! He was so done after about 5 minutes! A nice lady even gave us a walker to help him and he still hated it! McKay just held both his hands and skated behind him and he still hated it!
Baylee didn't seem to mind at all! She couldn't balance either so I just walked behind her holding her hands and she was just fine! After being on the ice for about 10 minutes they called everyone off so they could clean it! Carter was very excited to get off! We probably got around once and we took a seat while they cleaned!
Waiting in the cold shade for them to finish!
I by the way was not as good as I once was! I was very disappointed! I don't know if it was being pregnant or holding my kids hands but I felt so off balance and I was sure I was going to fall or crash and I was a little scared I might land on my belly or do some kind of harm to my kid so I happily agreed to stay on the benches with Carter while McKay took Baylee around again!
Baylee playing with Dad!
He had her laughing pretty hard!
LOVES!
After they were done cleaning Carter refused to go back but Baylee was all for it! So McKay and Baylee went back out!
I did get Carter to come to the glass with me and watch Baylee and McKay go around a few times!
McKay is in the BYU hoodie!
These two enjoying the fun!
This girl coming up behind McKay was coming so fast that she knocked right into the back of McKay and Baylee!
McKay felt bad he couldn't help her up but he didn't want to leave Baylee stranded either!
So ice skating this time wasn't a complete success like I had hoped but I am hoping we can try again another time and we will have a better outcome... at least with Carter and I!

No comments: