Thursday, April 25, 2013

-Amnio Reduction-

So since about the end of March first of April I have been having appointments twice a week, one with Dr. Lunt my OB nd one with Dr. Hales with Maternal Fetal Medicine! They already drained 3 Liters back at the end of March and I was feeling so much better, I could breathe, I didn't have the constant back pain, it didn't hurt to sit, I could lay on my back for more than 2 seconds before about passing out! It was such a relief!
Then I started to get super uncomfortable again and I knew my fluid was building back up! I went in for an appointment on Friday April 12th and they measured my fluid and I was at 40 cm.! Now remember the normal is 15-20cm and the last time I got drained I was at 36 cm and they drained 3 Liters! So Dr. Hales scheduled me for another Amnio Reduction the following morning! I asked my Mom to come along this time since last time I kinda freaked for a few different reasons (McKay was gone to Denver or I would have had him)! So my awesome Dad tended Carter while my Mom and I went in!
Me the day before the reduction!
This may be weird for you but I had my Mom take a couple pics.!
They gave me a relaxant right before and also a local to numb the skin where the needle is placed! Which helps so much, until it wears off and then my belly is so tender to the touch! The ultrasound lady gets in position and Dr. Hales inserts the needle and a suction is placed on the end to help retrieve the fluid from my stomach! The first time I had this done they actually did it different! Both ways were really cool!
Here Dr. Hales had just inserted the needle which is actually more like an IV so it doesn't hurt baby if she would have happened to bump it!
Loved seeing baby on the ultrasound! I have been lucky to have so many and everytime I get pictures! The red capped containers in the lower right hand corner is where the fluid is being sent!
They got another 3 Liters! It really is amazing what they can do these days! We are so blessed to have Modern Technology and Doctors that are so trained and advanced!
My Dad brought Carter over right before they released me and he was so worried about everything that I was hooked up to, which at that point was just the IV, fetal monitoring and the blood pressure cuff! He came and snuggled with Mom and patted my shoulder like its okay Mommy I am here! I loved it! I love having such a sweet boy!
Me the day after the reduction!
Carter loves baby sister already! I hope it stays that way! He loves to give her kisses and hugs!
Now we are just trying to get prepared and figure out life for the next couple weeks! It could be interesting and I hope Carter doesn't feel abandoned but I know he has a lot of loving family members who will take good care of him and give him all mine and McKay's love! We thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers! Now we just need to go have this baby!

No comments: