Saturday, March 19, 2011

~HE'S HERE~

Carter McKay Jones
Born Saturday, March 12, 2011 @ 8:37 p.m.
Weighing 7 lbs. 10 oz. and a good 19 1/2 in. long
They called us in Saturday morning to start the induction... I was in labor for 13 hours and finally our little angel came out! He got stuck at a 3 and an 8 for a long time because he was stuck on my pelvis bone and wouldn't turn to get into position so he came out with a good old bruised and very swollen head but it went down very quickly and now just has a little bruising and swelling left. He is the sweetest kid has been so good and we can't get enough of him!
Me right before we got to the hospital at 37 weeks and 6 days pregnant!The proud daddy!Loving the water over his head... I am sure it felt great on his battle wound!Going to give mommy kisses!One day old... Coming home from the Hospital and he isn't so sure about the carseat... but actually does really well!
Dad and Carter finally able to relax at home! A Very HAPPY Dad!

Mom and Carter taking a nap after the long weekend!

2 days old!

First sponge bath and not a fan of them at all!

4 days old and getting ready to visit the doctor and to check his bili!

After the results came back on Wednesday his bili number was way high so we were admitted to the hospital and he was put on lights for 24 hours... it was the saddest thing ever! He was poked way to many times in the heel had an IV which took three times to get... mainly because he kept tearing it out and had his blood drawn from his arm I felt so bad that I couldn't do anything! But Thursday night he was finally able to come home... again!

Carter on the lights!He would only hold still on his stomach and he got to wear a cool sunglasses/hat!5 days old and getting ready to leave the hospital!6 days old and watching March Madnees with dad on the couch!He gives the silliest faces and I just love this pic so I thought I'd throw it in there!1 Week old and a Very Big RASCAL!We are so happy he is here and that big sister was kind enough to send him to us! We love him so much and can't imagine life without him! He is our pride and joy!

Love you Carter and happy you are here healthy and happy!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, he is so cute!
I wish I were there so I could hold and kiss this little boy. I think he kinda looks like McKay, what do you think?
I need to call and hear all about him, just wanted to give you a chance to enjoy him and rest.
I love that he likes his belly and pulls his legs under him, just how my kids sleep. :)

Celisa said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you guys. He is a handsome little guy! I love the name too!

Chelsey said...

Congratulations to you both!! That is so exciting! He is adorable! I love the way he sleeps haha its cute! Hope you are doing well and recovering quickly!

Portia said...

....and here Ya go!!! The biggest life changing thing in a diaper you will ever have!!!
YAY!! Congratulations you guys, you both deserve all the happiness in the world!

Kim said...

I've been checking your blog everyday to see if you posted pictures yet!!! Finally! He is such a cutie! His hair is totally blonde!!! I love it. I'll bet you guys are so happy.

Woods Family said...

he is too cute! I'm so happy for you guys! congrats! :)

The Stylers said...

YAY! Congrats he is ADORABLE!

Sammy said...

This just made my whole day.. He is so cute and I am so so happy for your sweet little family..

Anonymous said...

Yay finally he is here I am so happy for you guys!!

Dixon and Jess said...

Congrats!! He is going to be a stud!

Erica Locke said...

Yay! So happy for you guys! He's very cute.

{Quinci} said...

Congrats amanda! he is such a cutie. I am so excited for you guys. You look so happy. hope all is well :D

Shanley said...

He's adorable! I'm so glad he's here safe and sound. Congratulations!

The Durham's said...

I love the name and am so happy for you guys! He is a very handsome boy!

Phill, Allie, and kids said...

Congratulations! He's darling!

Ricci Harvey said...

He is soooo cute! I'm glad to here everything went good. I love the picture of Carter getting ready to kiss you, I love the way McKay is looking at you, dads kind of have a different love for moms.

Jaelyn Day said...

He's adorable!! I love him already! Yay for cute little Carter!!