Saturday, January 29, 2011

Grandpa Ferguson!

For those that might not know my grandpa died this week and I have had him on my mind quite a bit! He was a great guy the BEST Grandpa a girl could ask for! I knew my grandpa very well... my family lived with him from the time a I was a little squirt to about the time I turned 12 then I lived with him the first 2 years out of high school as I attended college and then McKay and I lived with them for a summer as we transitioned from St. George up to Enterprise! So I can safely say I saw a side of him that not all got to see!
Adrian Earl Ferguson Jr.
May 14, 1926 - January 21, 2011
He married Beverly Jean Larson February 4, 1950 and later solemnized in the Salt Lake LDS Temple! He was raised in Salt Lake City and attended Granite High School. He joined the Army and served in the Philippines during World War II. He graduated from BYU with Bachelor's Degree in Business.
Grandpa before he entered the ArmyThroughout his life, he worked in retail clothing sales for JC Penny, ZCMI, and Farah Manufacturing Company before opening his own retail clothing store, Adrian's. He retired to St. George in 1999.
Grandpa's famous Perry Mason photo!
He enjoyed family time. He was an avid history reader, especially the Civil War. He was a member of the Deseret Gym, where he swam every morning for over 40 years. He frequently reminded his family, "Money is for counting, not spending." As an active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, he served as Gospel Doctrine teacher, in the Bishopric, and worked in the St. George LDS Temple.
The most famous photo and pose known to us all!My Grandma with all 9 kids! (Matt, Caroline, Mark, Diana, Dave, Grandma, Craig, John, Nancy and Brent!My mom and Grandma Ferguson!McKay and I with Grandma Ferguson! The sweetest lady around!My dad and Grandma!Adam as a pallbearer!Grandma recieving the Flag.Adam placing his corsage on the casket at the end of the graveside service at the Salt Lake Cemetary!Adrian is survived by his wife, Beverly Jean; his Children: Mark, Craig, Brent, Dave, Matt, Diana, Nancy, Caroline, and John. He is also survived by a brother, Roger Ferguson. He was preceded in death by his parents; his daughter-in-law, Margaret; granchildren; Jared and Bradley; and great-grandchild Hadlee.
The Whole Wallin Family! (plus one stray)We love you Grandpa Ferguson and look forward to seeing you again someday! I know he is watching out for Hadlee and that puts a very big smile on my face! She is in very good hands and I am sure is getting a lot of good advice!

4 comments:

Kim said...

So sorry to hear about your Grandpa! Hope you are doing okay.

Unknown said...

He was such a nice man. I am glad I got to meet him this summer and visit with him for a few minutes.
Been thinking of you . . .

Ricci Harvey said...

I'm so sorry about your grandpa, he was so cute when I saw him at one of our softball games! I didn't know he owned Adrians.

Unknown said...

I knew Adrian quire well, as our family has been in the neckwear manufacturing since 1926. He was always a gentleman, and I am proud to have known him.

Robert Gelles
Global Neckwear Marketing
Boston Massachusetts