Wednesday, June 2, 2010

San Francisco ~ Day 1 and 2

Well McKay and I headed out to San Francisco for 7 days and had a blast! We still wish we were back there! Well I took a lot of pictures and just love them all... because we went to some beautiful places! So I will do DAY 1 and DAY 2 today and the rest of the days some other time... so just a little at a time!...
~DAY ONE~
The night before we left I woke up in the middle of the night with a sore throat... I thought it was just allergies so I got up took some allergy medicine and went back to sleep! We woke up and left Enterprise at 6:30 in the morning and headed the back way to San Fran... in hopes of being able to go through Yosemite! Well my sore throat was not going away and I felt like crap... so poor McKay had to drive that long way while I slept most the time because I felt horrible! We got to Tiago Pass which is the only road through Yosemite and it was closed... :( so we headed up and around and finally made it to our hotel about 2 1/2 hours before the Giants game that night! So I hopped in the shower hoping it would help me feel better and then we headed to the game! It was a cool park and rained a little during the game on and off and hey the good guys won!!!
AT&T Park
Us at the game... yes I look like crap but hey I was sick... what do you expect!!!So we had the rain on and off so of course it was cloudy... but there was one moment in the game McKay looked up and saw one spot where the dark clouds had a break and you could see a blue sky and some white fluffy clouds... it looked way cool!...~DAY TWO~
Well I slept pretty crappy and still felt really crappy but we had tickets to go to Alcatraz at 11 so I gutted it up got ready and we headed out to Pier 33 to catch our boat! Alcatraz was pretty cool... I think I would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't been sick and by now we had figured out I had Strep... YUCK!!! I loved the stories of the prisoners the most and especially the ones that had escaped and tried to escape!!!

Alcatraz IslandThe cellhouse from the outside!After Alcatraz we decided to walk up and down the Pier and we went to Ghirardelli Square... mainly because my grandpa wanted some chocolate!
Us walking along the Pier...We then decided to just drive around San Fran and of course drive down the "crookedest street"... the reason they built this road so crooked is because it was to steep to have it go straight down and if you ever been to San Fran there are some streets that are so steep you think you are just going to fall over... here is a view after we had got to the bottom and we were looking up...We then headed to our hotel room which to get to we have to cross the Golden Gate Bridge everytime we want to get into the city so after we crossed the bridge there is a place to turn off and you can take pictures and walk across the bridge so we decided to do that... the bridge is amazing and beautiful!!!
Golden Gate BridgeMcKay walking across...The city of San Fran...

Also we spotted a Sea Lion popping in and out of the water as we were walking across! We tried to find a whale but no luck!...

That's all for today... day 3 and 4 will come later!!!

5 comments:

Kim said...

I've never been to San Fran!!! I want to go someday. Sorry you were sick! Brett & Quinnie had strep right before Easton was born. Quinnlyn didn't have many symptoms, but Brett felt like crap for a few days! Hopefully you got over it soon enough to enjoy most of your Vacation!!!

Shanley said...

I loved Alcatraz Island so much! That's so sad that you were sick and couldn't enjoy it.

Colten and Megan said...

Looks like so much fun! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!

Erica Locke said...

Sorry you felt crappy! It still looks like you had fun though and I am glad to hear you are Giants fans. :)

Ricci Harvey said...

that sucks that you were sick, I'm so jealous you got to go though!