Monday, March 29, 2010

Our Hadlee...

Hadlee Jean Jones arrived on March 22, 2010 at 3:36 p.m.! She weighed 7 lbs. 1 oz. and 21 in. long! She had my round face but looked just like her dad and with a full head of thick dark hair!She was an angel and daddies little princess! Jones grandchild #12 and Wallin grandchild #5!!!
Her Hands... the nurses painted her fingernails and gave her a little bracelet!!!
Her Little Feet
Last Sunday, March 21st, at about 1:00 I started having contractions all about 5 minutes apart I also noticed earlier that morning I was feeling a decrease in movement. So finally at about 9:30 that night McKay and I headed to Labor and Delivery. The nurses set me up in a room and tried finding the baby's heartbeat with the doppler and couldn't so they called in Dr. Lunt to do an ultrasound to find the babies heartbeat and that's when we found out there was no heartbeat, we had lost our baby Hadlee. At this point the only thing to do was to induce me and speed up the labor process and deliver. I can't honestly tell you what was going through my mind or McKay's but maybe it was just a very bad nightmare. My mom came down and stayed with us that very long night. Finally on Monday at about 3:30 I delivered Hadlee and reality had finally seemed to come true, she didn't make a sound... she was stillborn. At my appointment Wednesday everything was fine! There are no answers as to why this happened... the cord was not kinked and not wrapped around her in any way... we had a choice of an autopsy but we decided against that... they did take a sample of the placenta to see if it was anything genetically but we won't get the results back for another week or two. The chances of this happening again are very slim... which is very reassuring!

I can honestly say this is the most challenging trial I have ever been through and I don't wish it upon anyone. The nurses were amazing!!! They made it easier on McKay and I and they were wonderful about letting us hold her and be with her as long as we wanted to. They tried to make things as normal as possible... considering the circumstances.The nurses made us a memory box that I will cherish forever... it had hand and foot molds, a lock or her hair, poems, hand and foot prints the dress and hat they took her beautiful pictures in and the little bracelet they put around her wrist along with the two blankets they wrapped her up in! Since at the time we didn't have anything for her since we came from Enterprise and everything went so fast after we arrived at the hosptial.
In this picture you have her hand and foot prints, the bracelet she wore, her hand and foot molds (which are unreal how exactly the same they are to her feet, they got all the wrinkles and everything), the lock of her hair and the two pink blankets they wrapped her up in and did her pictures with!I can honestly say we didn't think at the ages of 22 and 25 we would be planning a funeral for our daughter and picking out our own burial plots. The funeral went as good as a funeral could go! The spirit was strong and it was nice to have family, friends and neighbors close and all the support they gave us!
Our Hadlee Jean...
The sign-in table at the funeral...
Her and her casket and us at the funeral with all the beautiful flowers...
The beautiful flowers and displays of our precious girl at the funeral!...
Daddy carrying her to her resting place...
Getting ready to start the dedication of her grave...
Daddy putting his flower down after we had all the sisters, both moms and sister-in-laws put down there white roses...
Daddy, Mommy and baby Hadlee...
We were able to bury her with the blessing dress my mom made for me when I was an infant along with the knitted hat and blanket McKay's mom made for her!
Her obituary...McKay and I have been doing well! We know our little girl is where she belongs! Safe in her Heavenly Fathers arms and doing the work she needs to do with Him! We know she was a perfect being that all she needed to do was come to earth to recieve a body then return to Him again! She will be missed but happy to know from our faith that we will see her and be able to raise her again! We are so thankful for our Gospel and the knowledge we gain from it! We are happy for eternal families and the Plan of Salvation! We have grown closer to the Lord and closer as a couple! We Love Hadlee with all our hearts and happy we were so lucky to be her parents! She has many loved ones with her and we know she will be taken care of!Here are some poems and sayings I have really liked and thought I'd share:

My Favorite:
You never said "I'm leaving"
You never said goodbye
You were gone before I knew it,
and only God knew why

A million times I needed you,
A million times I cried
If love alone could have saved you
You never would have died

In life I loved you dearly
In death I love you still
In my heart you hold a place
That no one could ever fill

It broke my heart to lose you
But you didn't go alone
For part of me went with you,
The day God took you home.
When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure.

Because someone you love is in Heaven, you feel a little Heaven in your home

We Love You Hadlee!


19 comments:

Jaelyn Day said...

Manda- I love you SO SO SO much!! You are so strong. I'm sitting here still whipping the tears from my eyes. If you need ANYTHING call me. I am here for you girl. Hadlee is beautiful, and she is in the best place she can be. She's definitely watching out after you from up above. You are amazing! I love you with all my heart!!

Kim said...

I'm so glad you are sharing so openly. That's a huge step and let's me know that you guys are definitely going to be okay. Hadlee is beautiful and I'm loving all that hair! She could've had her first pony tail ;). I'm sure the service was as spiritual as it gets and we wish we could have been there! Life is never what we expect, but we can take so much from what the experiences we are given. People still continue to tell me that 'I am amazing' after they hear that we have lost a child....it took me a while to realize that it's true. If we can get through one of the hardest trials anyone can ever have and be stronger than we were before, WE ARE AMAZING! And so I am going to say it as well, "Amanda and Mckay you guys are amazing! Hadlee is a lucky girl to have parents who will definitely do all they can to be with her again!" Until then, our babies can play together in heaven. We love you!!! I hope we can talk soon.

Portia said...

Oh my, what a BEAUTIFUL little girl!!! You are so brave and I am so proud of you Amanda. Love you guys...

Anonymous said...

amanda! i am crying as i type this right now. how awful! you're little girl is oh so beautiful and i am so glad you at least got to hold her for a short period of time. she will always be watching over you and be there to help you with the tough times. just like our heavenly father will be. i know i live a whole state away and we aren't as close as we were ten years ago but i am always here for you! jae has my number or you can email. i love you manda and my prayers are with you and your family.

Annie Empey said...

Oh Amanda!!! I don't even know what to say. My heart aches and I can't stop the tears from flowing. I am so sorry for your loss and the disappointment and pain you have felt. I am amazed by your strength and faith and I look up to you so so much!!! I'm so happy you took pictures with her and love that you put them on your blog. She is so beautiful!!! I love her little nails, so cute! Thanks for sharing such a personal thing. Your story and strength will help someone else, I know it has helped me. Your little Hadlee is such a little angel and you WILL get to see your perfect baby again someday......what a HAPPY day that will be. I really look up to you guys and hope you the best. You're in my thoughts and prayers. Give McKay a big hug for me. I love you guys!!! Hang in there :-)

The Sohm's said...

Amanda I am so sorry! I love you so much and you guys are in my prayers. Hadlee is with her Heavenly Father and she knows how much you guys love her! She is a beautiful little girl and she is all yours. We are so lucky for the plan of salvation. I can't imagine life not knowing of his great plan. I can't stop crying I don't the pain you are going through right now but know so many people love you guys and are thinking and praying for both of you. We love you guys!

Celisa said...

I just wanted to let you know again how amazed I am by your strength and faith. I love you guys and I know that you will be with your beautiful, sweet baby again!

Ricci Harvey said...

Everything, that everyone has said is so true, but I'll say it again, I so love you guys, and you are so strong. I was thinking today that God must have a very special plan for you. I hope that you will continue to gain strength and a testimony of the gospel, it's such a great thing. You guys are amazing!

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing. We love you guys. YOu know me, I am sitting her bauling my eyes out, the picture of Mckay carrying her is the sweetest thing . . . You are both amazing. I am sad you have to endure this trial, but what a wonderfully happy day it will be when you see her again. Can you just imagine her and Kobe playing together?

Lindsay said...

Amanda I am so amazed with your strength and faith and attitude. We are so so sorry, we have been thinking about you and McKay non-stop since we heard what had happened. I am in tears reading your post. I love the poem you shared and love all the pictures. She is such a sweet sweet little princess. What a great comfort to know that you will be with her again. You are in our thoughts are prayers and we love you guys. Take care.

d.a.b.e said...

Hello. I knew Mckay a little from high school. I have to say that my heart broke so deeply for you both when I saw the pictures. I too, cried and cried for you guys. As a mother myself, I could not even fatham the pain of a loss like that even with the knowledge of the gospel and families forever. I don't think i know you but I can certainly feel that you are a strong woman and that you really will be fine because of your great faith in the Lord and the gospel and because you both have eachother. And ultimately you did not have a loss...you gained a beautiful beautiful daughter who will be in Gods arms watching over you. I sincerely hope the future is bright for you both. You and your family are in my prayers.

laura j. said...

Amanda,

I can't tell you how much I have been wanting to call you or drive down and hug you or write you a letter or something. When I heard about your loss from Diana I couldn't stop crying. I felt this overwhelming guilt for having my little girl in my arms. And I wondered if calling you or coming down to the funeral would have made it harder on you to see a baby about the same age as Hadlee. That is why I didn't come down. Believe me, I wanted to come down to support you and show you our love, but it just didn't feel right.

I am so amazed by your strength and faith, and McKay's too. Thank you for that example. I am sure my mom is adoring Hadlee and will help take care of her until you get to be with her again.

The pictures you have are so precious. That is so beautiful that she was buried in your blessing dress. Thank you for sharing. And I loved the poems and quotes you posted. You are beautiful inside and out. We love you so much and are thinking about you lots. You are in our prayers.

Love always,

Laura

PS Please don't ever hesitate to let me know if seeing us would be too difficult. I can only imagine. Or if seeing Lily might soothe some of the pain...we can drive down in a heartbeat!

Phill, Allie, and kids said...

I have clicked on your comment box more than a dozen times to leave a comment, but I feel like I have nothing to say that would help mend your sadness. But I do hope that you are finding some happiness. I am amazed at how awesome the nurses treated you guys in this hard situation. I am amazed at how strong you and McKay seem to be. Know that I have been thinking of you guys and praying for you guys a lot. I know that you will get to be with baby Hadlee again and raise her. What a great blessing that really is. You guys are amazing!

MeganDan said...

What a challenging thing to go through. I am so sorry to hear that happened. You are amazing to share your story so openly and I pray for both you and McKay that you'll be able to make it through this difficult time. She is beautiful!

Bobbi Simkins said...

thanks for sharing your story. I'm sure this is the hardest trial you have ever been through. It sounds like you guys are doing pretty good considering everything you have gone through. Having the gospel definitely makes death much easier to cope with.

Wade and Brooke said...

Mckay and Amanda,
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Your baby girl is adorable. I appreciate you sharing this with me. I lost my baby boy Mac on February 20th. He was stillborn at 38 weeks. Everything was great up until that Saturday morning when I couldn't feel him move. In fact I was going in that following Monday to set an induction time for that Tuesday. It was a very similar experience. I am so glad that we have our faith and knowledge of the gospel. I don't know how I could go on not knowing that we could be with our babies again. I am here for you even though you probably have no idea who I am. Nancy Green who I heard was your aunt, was telling my mom about your story at the elementary my mom works at and told my mom that we probably attended Jr. High together. Your name sounds so familiar so I am sure that if we saw each other in person then I would recognize you! Our prayers are with you. It is a comfort to us to know that we re not alone and that our angel babies are together in heaven!! Please let me know of anything I can do to help even if it is just someone to talk to. I would love it! Thanks again for sharing your story.
Wade and Brooke (Rawlins) Marriott

Erica Locke said...

I love you Amanda. I have been praying that the encircling arms of our savior have been around you and will continue to be around you.

{Quinci} said...

Amanda, You are so amazing! thanks for being so willing to share this with everyone. Your family is in my thoughts a prayers. I love you and I'm sorry for your loss.

mpersing said...

Hi my name is Maggie and I accidentally stumbled across your blog when I was looking at our family pictures and hit a wrong button and it went to the next blog. On August 23, 2010 my husband and I went to the drs. because I started having contractions. The dr checked for a heartbeat and did not find one. I lost my beautiful Blake less than 24 hours before he was born because of a cord accident I was 39 weeks and 3 days. He weighed 8lbs 3oz and was perfect. I just wanted you to know that my heart is so heavy for your loss and I hope you have a wonderful holiday season. Your daughter is so beautiful. God Bless you and your family, Maggie