Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Wrestling

So we asked Carter if he wanted to try wrestling this year, even though it's not really our thing, he said yes and I have to say how proud I am of him! Their were times he really didn't like it and it broke my Mom heart that he got into tough situations but he pulled through and kept going to practices and meets! So to say I am proud might be an understatement! Hard work, perseverance, determination, and the list could go on but those are 3 that stand out!
He loved practices! He looked forward to those every week! The first meet he was stoked!
Hurricane meet! He was super excited!
Getting ready to wrestle his first match!
His Hurricane meet was his best meet! He seemed to be matched up the best with kids his age, weight and skill level!
He liked to do ninja moves, shuffle around the circle until the other guy attacked, once he had them down he would let them up and want to do it again! He didn't get that he needed to hold them down until the ref said the kid was pinned! He always had quite the serious look on his face!
Took 4th and he was proud of it and Mom was even prouder!
Next meet was Canyon View! This one was a little rougher to watch! Their were more skilled boys and he got thrown up in the weight class above and he had a few moments where he was in the choke hold and he just cried because there was nothing he could do about it! That was the toughest for me, he would just look at me and the look in his eyes was heartbreaking! He felt defeated, but he kept trying and kept pushing!
Got 4th at Canyon View, and if it weren't for that medal I honestly think he would have never wrestled again!
The last meet we went to was in Enterprise! This one was the worst! He really was not happy about being there! He fought to the end though and I think the only reason he made it through was knowing this was it for the season!
Had some fans to watch him this meet!
Grandma Jones, Bethany, Ella , Everly, Keltyn, Talyn and Taya
4th Place!
Seriously so proud of this kid! I don't know if he will wrestle next year but I am happy he tried it and stuck with it until the end! Way to go Carter! I LOVE YOU!!!

No comments: