Thursday, April 16, 2015

Hadlee's Birthday Weekend

This cute girl turned 5 on the 22nd of March! We can't believe it's been five years since she came and went! We love her more than anything and can't wait for the day we get to see her again! 
I actually did really well on her birthday! I mean how lucky am I that I have a perfect daughter?! Very! That night as Carter was saying prayers he blessed Hadlee and I started to bawl because I love that my kids love her and pray for her and remember her! It's hard at those ages to grasp, understand or know the bigger picture, heck I don't even grasp the bigger picture fully! Yet they talk about her as if they know her and they probably do know her better than me since she has sent them down to me! Anyway we love to celebrate her on her birthday so we made it more into a birthday weekend and we had a blast!
Saturday the day before her birthday we headed up to the reservoir to climb rocks and explore!
Carter loved all the little nook and crannies he could fit himself in!
Both my kids love to do everything by themselves! So we had to be patient on some parts as they tried to figure out how to tackle it!
King of the Rock!
Baylee and Dad following Carter through the tunnel! Mom found another way around because this pregnant lady was not bound to crawl through the tiny spaces they had to!
I mean look at the end of the tunnel, McKay was basically on his tummy!
I love where we live! Such beauty!
These three are awesome!
Ducking under the rocks!
All the way to the point of the rock!
Baylee needed a break!
A little archway!
Asking Dad for help!
Two stooges!
They made it to the top!
Finding her own crawl space!
She squatted right down and said "Cheese"! She needed documentation of her findings!
Carter never would stop so I could get his picture!
She was stopping everywhere wanting her picture taken!
A tunnel under the road!
The kids thought this was awesome!
McKay peeking at them on the other side!
Family pic! Don't mind my chubby pregnant face!
After hiking around we headed to the lower reservoir and threw rocks!
The bigger the better!
McKay showing the kids how to skip rocks!
Baylee finding the perfect rock!
Carter found treasures!
Baylee looking at bugs!
Then we headed over to the dam because Carter wanted to walk across!
I really get nervous, partly because Carter tends to just go as fast as he can and sometimes doesn't pay attention around him plus it was a very windy day!
Luckily Baylee would hold McKay's hand!
Made it to the end!
In time for Carter to head straight back!
At least I got a picture of these two cuties!
Sunday we headed over to visit Hadlee! She had already had visitors that dropped by a balloon and a bunny!
Sisters!
Little brother!
Jones Family!
Making blowing bubbles for the kids to pop! The wind really carried them away!
Ellie and Sam came to visit!
Ellie letting us know she doesn't like the grass!
Baylee trying to console her!
Grandma and Grandpa Wallin
Telling Hadlee silly stories!
Giving hugs!
Group Hugs!
After visiting for a while we headed back for some yummy dinner!
Ribs and twice baked potatoes! YUM!
Ready for cake!
Singing Happy Birthday!
Bay and Carter blowing out the candles!

Mud pie!
Party Animals!
Dayne!
Carter and Tallon!
Can't forget we dressed in our Easter best on Hadlee's birthday since Easter landed on General Conference this year!
Love these cute kids!
Happy Birthday Hadlee!

1 comment:

Shanley said...

Looking good in their Sunday best! I love that you celebrated Hadlee's birthday all weekend long and I love that your kids know her and remember her in their prayers. Your family is so special.