Thursday, January 16, 2014

~Festival of Trees~

So this year my sister called me and asked how I would feel if her FBLA school group did a tree for the Festival of  Trees in honor of Baylee! Oh course I let her after I cried a little right in the middle of Carter's Market! For those of you that don't know what the Festival of Trees is, it's a fundraiser type deal to raise money for Primary Children's Hospital! All sorts of people donate trees, wreaths, gingerbread houses, displays and much more and they are all decked out! Then they have an auction where they sell these items for businesses or families to display in their work or home! It really is so neat to see how many people contribute to this cause!
I thought it was amazing my sister wanted to do one on behalf of Baylee and I also was touched that her students were excited to help her achieve this!
It all worked out so perfectly that Isaac had a basketball tournament on Friday the 6th and Saturday the 7th, because Saturday was the last day the displays were open to the public to come see! So after Isaac's ball game on Saturday we headed up to the South Towne Expo Center to attend the Festival of Trees!
First thing we did was find Baylee's tree!
Each tree is given a title/name... Cold Hands, Warm Hearts!
Here is the write up Sam entered:
The FBLA Chapter at San Juan High School is proud to sponsor this snowman-themed tree. We might have "cold hands" after making all of these snow ornaments, but we have "warm hearts," especially toward the Primary Children's Hospital. Primary Children's has served many children within our community and the nation, but this year we wanted to focus on one child; Baylee Jones. Baylee was diagnosed with Duodenal Atresia while still in the womb, a condition that left Baylee's stomach and small intestine disconnected. Baylee and her family were so blessed with a great team of doctors that were able to locate and diagnose the problem before it became dangerous.  Days after Baylee was born, Primary Children's Hospital Center performed a surgery that connected her stomach to her small intestine for proper digestion. Baylee was in recovery at Primary Children's Hospital in the NICU for 26 days. We are happy to say that Baylee is healthy, happy, and back at home with her family. Baylee is eight months old now with the cutest, fuzzy hair. Baylee's story is a success story, and we love that we are able to spend time with Baylee here on this earth; however, we understand that sometimes we have to say good-bye to our sweet angels. The Jones family had to do just that as Baylee's older sister, Hadlee, was delivered as a stillborn at 39.5 weeks with no answers as to why. The Jones family has experienced both the miracle of life with Baylee and a heartbreaking loss with Hadlee. The two extremes of emotions that this young family has gone through made the Primary Children's Hospital experience even that much more fulfilling. Our most sincere gratitude goes out to this great institution, dedicated nursing staff, and the talented doctors. In honor of Baylee, and her older sister Hadlee, we give this tree.
Isn't it beautiful! Seriously though they made all the decorations by hand! Her students and her did an amazing job and I wish I could have bought the tree and kept it for myself!
Mom and Baylee by her tree!
Baylee by her tree! Sorry about the dumb chain in the way we couldn't move it or cross the line!
As we were standing there taking pictures of course tons of people are going around us trying to see and 2 different families stopped and said hey that is the baby in the picture and asked us the story and why we decided to do a tree for her! So we shared our story briefly and of course I had to start crying because that's all I do anymore! I just became so overwhelmed with so many things: the love I have for Baylee, the fact that at one point things were scary and she was in bad shape and she has come so far and is so strong and I got blessed to be her mother and endure that trial with her, what a blessing it was and it is! I am just so grateful for the Lord and his hand in all things!
The cute little snowman and snowballs they made! Also the tree sold for more than twice what it cost to make it!
The tree the pictures of Baylee off to the left and the snowman to the right!
ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL
After I got my share of pics we walked around and looked and the many others and Carter saw some he really loved and this BYU was on the top of his favorites!
Afterwards we meet up with my Grandma and Grandpa Wallin and Aunt Kat at Red Lobster and had a good meal and good conversation!
Baylee with Aunt Kat!
We stayed a while and chatted and then headed back to our hotel to go swimming of course!
Peek A Boo Mom!
Loves being able to swim on his own!
Baylee, Isaac and Amanda
Another family was there and they were nice enough to share their pool toys!
Bay having fun with Z
Finally got in it and in the water!
After some good long swimming it was bed time!
Carter and Baylee talking to each other as we got ready to hit the sack!
So grateful for my amazing sister, my two beautiful daughters, my wonderful boys and my awesome family! I am truly blessed!

2 comments:

Shanley said...

Oh my goodness! What an honor for little miss Baylee and sweet Hadlee. Sam and her students did an amazing job on the tree and her write up was equally as impressive. Your little family as been through so much and I admire your strength. You are such a wonderful momma and wife.

Unknown said...

I cried while reading this! I know I've said this before, but I will always be so in awe of you and the strong person you are! What a great thing Sam did for sweet little Baylee.