Thursday, January 23, 2014

Ence Christmas Party (Christmas Eve)

Every Christmas Eve we go to Grandpa and Grandma Ence's home! We have a very yummy dinner, read the Christmas story out of the Bible, usually have a story or sing and then open presents! We really look forward to this every year and this year didn't disappoint again!
All the grandkids and great grandkids usually sit in the hallway and eat dinner! This year was extra squishy and we really needed to put the adults towards the back because the young kids kept going in and out and everyone would have to lift their drinks and plates and it was getting difficult!
Full Hallway!
Baylee having fun with her cousins! She was a little hot in Grandma's house... cute pink cheeks!
The kids huddled around McKay watching YouTube while we wait for everyone to finish eating!
Listening to Aunt Lisa read a Christmas story!
Carter and McKinley chilling while we listen to Grandpa Ence read the Christmas story from the Bible!
Grandpa Ence reading the story!
Time to open presents!
Carter ripping through the paper!
Jones Kids opening presents!
Carter got a Jake and the Neverland Pirates remote control 4-wheeler! He loves it!
Baylee got a sing-a-long book! She thought it was pretty fun until she saw all the other kids toys then she wanted to try them all!
Baylee chilling with Grandma Jones
After the party we headed back to Enterprise! We were coming up the hill right after the Ledges when I hoped in the back with the kids because Baylee wasn't having the carseat! We were at the volcano and beginning our decline into Veyo when McKay slammed on his brakes and tried to swerve and then I heard a big bang! He tried to come back into our lane and get off the road but our car was not moving very easily and we ended up only getting half of our vehicle off the road! 
When we got out to see why this is what we saw...

The deer had run directly into the wheel and tore our whole wheel off its axle!
So we called 911 and reported an accident! Outside was freezing and the wind was really bad through the pass! I was amazed at how many people stopped to ask if we needed help! I don't know if it was the Christmas spirit getting to them or if we just had really good, nice people stop... I like to think they would do that at anytime for anybody! 
Finally the cops came and helped detour cars around our vehicle and by that time Kelli and Grandma Jones had come and the cops said they didn't need me so I hopped into Kelli's car because Baylee was starving by this time! I had timed it just right when we left the Ence party that she would eat when we got home so I didn't have any water! Well Baylee was mad and I couldn't get her to stop crying! We got to Central when McKay said I needed to come back the cop needed to talk to me! So we headed back with Baylee still screaming so I called her awesome "Godmother" Josie... she lives in Veyo! I was hoping she was in town and she was! She brought over some warm water once we got back to Veyo! The cop came to my window asked if the kids and I were alright and let us go on our way! Seriously that is all they needed! I wasn't very happy but got over it quickly... they have to do their jobs right?!
Kelli dropped me off at my Mom's! While McKay stayed to take care of the car and caught a ride home with Grandpa Jones and Colin's family! They were so awesome to wait around for him!
We went inside and visited for a while when Grandma Wallin received a text on her phone, from SANTA! 
It read:
HO HO HO! I was flying over and noticed you weren't in bed! So I have sent down some pajamas so that you'll get into bed so I can come deliver your presents! Check out on the front lawn to look for your package! Have a Merry Christmas! HO HO HO!
So of course we headed outside!
Look what we found!
The balloons were glowing and had Carter and Baylee's name on them!
Carter loved loved loved his new PJ's! LOVED!
Carter and Baylee in their cool new PJ's getting ready to go to bed so Santa could come! BYU all the way! Santa knows us really well!
Merry Christmas Eve!

1 comment:

Shanley said...

Holy cow!! That deer did some serious damage :/ I am so sad that happened to you on Christmas Eve. I am really glad you are were okay though. Everything else looked like it was a lot of fun. Your kiddos are adorable especially in their new Christmas PJ's!