Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Not always good news...

I look at this blog like a journal about our life and a way to keep records of all that has happened.
.
I would love life to be perfect and I would love to say I never had anything depressing to post about... but without trials we would never grow! I have been debating whether to post about this but I feel I need to! One clear up some rumors and two to let you know why I may not have been myself this last couple months!
.
The first of January my family had found out my brother had been using hard core drugs again! He has been to jail twice in the last month for possession. He was sober for a while but relasped.
.
I have to say my parents have been so strong! They have been dealing with this on and on for over 11 years. I look up to them so much and I don't know how they have made it through. They have done everything they can. They pray and pray and pray. They truly are amazing. Most couples would have seperated by now, but it has only made my parents closer as a coulple and our family closer as a whole! It has been so hard on the family, it really has been a challenge and I pray everday he will see the light and find his way back home someday! He truly is a great guy, just weak and feels like he is in this life alone!
.
I love my brother with all my heart! I know he has it in him somewhere to pull through! He is a great guy and has made a mistake like everyone else just more noticable and serious! Anyways I am so sorry for the somber state lately. I am not looking for sympathy or pity from anyone, that is not the reason for this post! Just to inform the circumstances that surround us!

3 comments:

Kim said...

We can't all be strong all the time! That's why we have family & friends....to help us through when we need it. You are such an optimistic woman, I can't imagine that you were much different than the happy Amanda that we all know and love. We all have trials and this is yours....and you are doing everything right. Keep your faith and keep loving your brother and the Lord will do the rest. We love you!

Anonymous said...

Oh girl! I'm sorry to hear that! I hope things get better and I'm glad that it makes your family stronger. What a bittersweet thing.

The Sohm's said...

I am so sorry to hear that. I am glad you have a family that can come closer instead of pull apart. We will keep you in our prayers.