Thursday, February 2, 2017

_SLC Trip_

So my sweet cousin passed away on Dec. 4th! We headed up the afternoon before her funeral and told the kids if they would behave and be good during the funeral they could go swimming once we got up there! Sometimes ya need a little incentive to get them through rough things!
They were all pretty excited!
The next day was Friday the 9th! We headed to the viewing before and attended the funeral afterwards and the kids did awesome! I was so proud of them and how well they acted!
The service was perfect for sweet Alex, she left us too young! As part of the program they had all Alex's cousins some up and sing I Am A Child Of God! Carter and Baylee wanted to come up with me and they sang so good it was really touching to have us all up there singing such a sweet song!
After the graveside and luncheon we headed back to the hotel where Owen crashed! Poor kid was exhausted!
Baylee didn't feel like changing into play clothes from her Sunday clothes, so instead we played with our baby in our underwear!
Showing the baby the tram!
Carter did some reading, he actually read a ton this trip! I couldn't believe how often he asked for a book!
After we got changed and rested for a moment we headed up into downtown SLC to walk around Temple Square and see the lights!
Waiting in the Joseph Smith building while Dad parked the car!
Owen, Baylee and Carter
The lights were beautiful and the weather wasn't to bad either!
Reflection pond!
Saw many different nativities!
This one was one of our very favorites! It reminded us of Uncle Isaac!
We Love To See The Temple!
Seriously love this family of mine and so happy we were able to make this trip!
Ellie!
Owen and Dad!
After the temple we got back to our hotel room and ate some pizza and headed to bed!
The next day the kids went swimming again! Then we met up with my Grandpa and Grandma Wallin and Aunt Kat for a birthday dinner for my Aunt Kat! I love that my kids have a relationship with their greats!
Owen being the entertainment at the table!
Carterman
Little Lou!
Singing Happy Birthday to Aunt Kat!
Carter and Baylee wanted to wear the birthday hat too!
After lunch at McGrath's Fish House we headed to The Children's Museum of Curiosity!
Owen would have stayed in this plane the whole time!
Owen and Dad in the tornado!
Owen playing in the water table!
Baylee and Carter doing laundry!
Carter thought this was the coolest thing ever!
Jones family band! We had some good tunes going on!
After the museum we headed to Spanish Fork's Festival of Lights! I was so happy we decided to go, it was awesome! The kids loved it!
The pictures don't even do it justice!
After the lights we headed home! The reason for coming up was sad but I am grateful I was able to spend this weekend with my family! See some that we don't see very often and I was happy I was able to be there for my Aunt and Uncle, Faith and Gary!

No comments: