Saturday, November 10, 2012

*Baby #3*

So you have probably figured out that we are expecting baby #3 on May 11th!
I am currently 14 weeks along!
We are super excited and so grateful! This pregnancy is an interesting story to say the least! We actually miscarried back in the middle of July and since the miscarriage I had never started a cycle. The first of September we found out we were pregnant and since we had no idea how far along we were due to the miscarriage so recently and no start of a cycle the doctor decided to do an ultrasound to determine how many weeks along we were! The 1st of October we went in and got to see our little baby! I absolutely love ultrasounds and love to see the growth of the baby! I have had many ultrasounds at different stages of my pregnancy's but this by far was the earliest! It is amazing the difference between each stage!
This picture was just a regular ultrasound but the doctor thought she saw something wrong...
 
...so she did a vaginal ultrasound and we got a much clearer picture and thankfully nothing was wrong! Looks like a little gummy bear! So cute and precious!
We also got to see and hear the baby's heartbeat which is always reassuring!
So as you can tell we are super excited!
This pregnancy has been quite different then the first two! Nothing huge but compared to the first two quite different!
Hadlee was easy... sometimes it felt like I wasn't even pregnant because I never got sick or had any weird cravings or any other of the things that most people experience during pregnancy! I do think that was because of what was to happen in the end... the Lord made it easy knowing the end would be hard!
Carter was easy to! I got lightly sick for about a week and was over it!
This one I got really sick for about 3 weeks... thankfully no throwing up, I hardly have an appetite, I get hungry but I take about 8 bites and I am done! I have a very heightened sense of smell! I get these weird stomach pains all the time which I never got with the others! I still have a long ways to go so we will see what else it brings!
When we ask Carter where Mommy's baby is he will pat his tummy or mine! When we ask him if he wants a baby sister/brother he gets all excited and says yes or cheers! It is pretty cute!
We announced to my Mom and Dad first at 8 weeks, mainly because they had guessed because of how sick I was for a while! That's what ya get when ya live with them... no hiding it! We announced to Scott, Sam and Isaac when we went up to San Juan at 10 weeks because I wanted to tell my sister in person and we had Carter walk in carrying this picture!
We then announced to the Jones' at 12 weeks with the announcement you all saw 2 posts earlier!
Now we will just patiently wait!!!

4 comments:

Shanley said...

How exciting :) :)

Ricci Harvey said...

So fun! I'm so sorry about the miscarriage, that's hard. I love you guys!

Unknown said...

I just want to squeeze Carter. I miss him. So happy for your growing family . . . and the growing Jones family. #20 correct? :)
And by the way, if you haven't already seen I am stealing, I mean using :) a bunch of your pictures on my blog. I hope it is okay.

Kim said...

I had stomach pains with Quinnlyn all the time. Wonder if they are the same?? Anyway, congrats on #3. Can't wait to see.....it ;).